140A | Spring 2007 | UCB | Philosophy)
Announcements & Schedule Updates
- 04/30/07: Branden will not have office hours on Thursday of this week (5/3) or next week (at all). But, he will be available via email during this period, and he will hold special office hours on Monday May 14 from 1–5pm.
- 04/19/07: The Formal System Project will be due on the last day of class (5/8). The final exam will be Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 8-11am @ 242 Hearst Gym.
- 04/15/07: Branden will not have office hours on Tuesday (4/17).
- 04/03/07: I have created a handout on the "big picture" differences between the (Henkin-style) completeness proofs for PS vs QS.
- 04/02/07: There will be no lecture (or office hours for Branden) on Thursday, April 5 (owing to a conflict with the APA Pacific). Branden will have office hours on Friday afternoon, from 3-5.
- 03/19/07: I have posted the take-home mid-term. It is due on Tuesday April 10 (at 4pm in Mike's box in 301 Moses).
- 03/19/07: Mike has prepared a handout on metatheorem 40.12 (that is clearer than Hunter's proof, which I went over in class). His handout can be downloaded here.
- 03/13/07: I have created a handout on k-validity vs validity in Q.
- 02/27/07: I have extended the deadline for the core/preview of the FSP until next Thursday (3/8).
- 02/14/07: I have created a second handout on the Interpolation Theorem for P (I have also added it to the handouts page). This time, I give a proper, inductive proof.
- 01/18/07: Section rosters have been set (an email was sent out today with the rosters). Sections will meet next week in 301 Moses. Permanent section locations will be announced soon. Stay tuned to the sections page.
- 01/16/07: Make sure to buy a copy of our text asap. Meanwhile, you can download Part I of the text in PDF format here.