Fundamentals of Bayesian Epistemology (PHIL 730:424 | Fall 2014 | Rutgers)
- 12/18/14: I have posted the solutions to HW #6.
- 12/09/14: I have posted (a) a practice final exam, (b) a take-home assignment, and (c) solutions to HW #5. See this email for explanation.
- 11/27/14: I have posted HW #6 and the solutions to HW #4.
- 11/24/14: I have extended the deadline on HW #5 until Thursday (11/27), and I'm also pushing HW #6 back two days as well.
- 10/26/14: I have posted the solutions to HW #3 (and also a Mathematica notebook with the PrSAT extra-credit solution).
- 10/26/14: I have revised the HW schedule. Now, HW #4 will be assigned on Tuesday (10/28) and due in two weeks (11/11). The rest of the HW's will also be pushed back, and assigned/due on Tuesdays.
- 10/18/14: I have posted the solutions to the practice mid-term.
- 10/16/14: I have pushed the HW schedule back one week (i.e., HW #4 will be assigned next week, after the mid-term). See the syllabus page for details.
- 10/16/14: I have posted a practice mid-term. We will go over this in class today. The actual mid-term (which is on Tuesday) will be very similar to this one.
- 10/07/14: I have posted a handout containing a Mathematica notebook that demonstrates my PrSAT package (from my 10/7 lecture).
- 10/06/14: I have posted the solutions to HW #2. The grades for HW #2 should now appear our Sakai Gradebook.
- 10/01/14: I have posted a handout on trivality results for the indicative conditional. I will go over this in class on 10/2.
- 09/30/14: I have added two items pertaining to correlation vs causation (to the background readings under Chapter 3).
- 09/25/14: I have posted the solutions to HW #1. The grades for HW #1 should now appear our Sakai Gradebook.
- 09/22/14: I have posted a couple of additional references on probability (including some solved exercises).
- 09/18/14: HW #1 is due today (by midnight). And, HW# 2 has been posted (it's due in two weeks).
- 09/08/14: I have created a Sakai site for the course. [The only part we'll really be using is the Drop Box for HW assignments.]
- 09/01/14: The (initial) syllabus is up (please study it). For Thursday's (9/4) class, please begin reading Chapter 1 of our main text.