Logic, Reason, and Persuasion (Phil. 101 | Section 02 | Spring 2011 | Rutgers)
- 05/03/11: Here are the final announcements for the course (also sent via email today).
- (1) I have posted all solutions to all homeworks and quizzes. See our notes page.
- (2) The take-home final (and extra-credit problems) have both been posted. See our schedule page.
- (3) Both items in (2) are due on Thursday, May 12, by 4pm. Please submit your finals and extra-credit problems (preferably, in PDF format) using your DropBox on our Philosophy 101 Sakai site. You should be able to use DropBox now. Please make sure it is working for you. Look here for Sakai DropBox instructions.
- (4) Please make sure that all of your grades are present and accounted for (and correct) on the Sakai site. If there are gaps/errors, please email me about them (asap).
- 04/28/11: I have posted the take-home final exam, and 5 extra-credit problems. These are both due on 5/12/11. I will send an email out to the class later this week with instructions for turning these in.
- 04/26/11: Our final quiz is on Thursday (28th). It will contain some questions involving argument reconstructions. I'll also be posting the take-home final (there is no in-class final for the course), as well as some extra credit problems on the 28th. Those will be due on 5/12. I'll be sending an email out next week about making arrangements for turning in the final materials. Stay tuned to the schedule page as well, where I will post these details.
- 04/19/11: I have posted my solutions to HW #5 and Quiz #3/4. Also, we will have a take-home final, which will be announced on 4/28 and due on 5/12. I will also post some extra-credit problems on 4/28 which will be due (with the take-home final) on 5/12.
- 04/07/11: I have posted three handouts, which I will be discussing in class over the next week or two.
- 03/29/11: I have posted my solutions to HW #4.
- 03/24/11: I have posted HW #5 — it is due on 4/7.
- 03/22/11: I have posted my solutions to HW #3.
- 03/07/11: I have posted HW #4 — it us due on 3/24. [It's a bit longer than previous assignments, so you might want to get a head-start on it…]
- 03/01/11: I have posted my solutions to Quiz #2.
- 02/17/11: HW #3 has been announced on our schedule page. It consists of four (5) exercises from chapters 2&3, and it is due on 3/3/11.
- 02/16/11: I have posted my solutions to HW #2.
- 02/15/11: I have posted my solutions to Quiz #1 (except for problem #4 which is also on HW #2). Please study them carefully.
- 02/8/11: I have posted my solutions to HW #1. Please study them carefully (those are "ideal" answers, and I do not require answers to be this complete, etc.). Remember, we have our first quiz on Thursday. I'll discuss this (and HW #1) briefly in today's lecture.
- 02/3/11: HW #2 has been announced on our schedule page. It consists of four (4) exercises from chapter 2. and it is due in two weeks (2/17/11).
- 02/3/11: HW #1 is due today. I have posted a handout on "Three Possible Causes of Irrational Belief". This supplements (and clarifies) Feldman's discussion of irrational belief. I will be going over this material in today's lecture.
- 01/20/11: HW #1 is assigned today. It is due in two weeks, in class on 2/3/11. See the schedule page and lecture 2 for details.
- 01/18/11: I have posted chapter 1 of our text here. Please buy the text (and read chapter 1) ASAP if you haven't already.
- 01/18/11: Unfortunately, I will not be able to grant any special permission numbers for the course. It is full.
- 01/18/11: Make sure you have a look at the syllabus, the course schedule, and that you know where my lecture notes are.